The stand-out match of the Hornets’ preparations for the 2019/20 Bostik League Premier Division campaign will see Crawley Town visit the new stadium in July. The Division Two outfit have promised to send a full first team squad to the Hop Oast for what will be a highly-anticipated fixture, one of eight provisionally lined up by manager Dom Di Paola for his newly-promoted side. It will be the first time since 2010 that the near-neighbours have met and will provide a stern test for the Hornets ahead of their return to the Premier Division after a seven year absence.
The summer schedule kicks off with a visit to Steyning Town on Tuesday 9th July before we host back-to-back matches with Hampshire side Hartley Wintney and Haywards Heath Town, prior to the visit of the Red Devils. That’s followed by trips to Eastbourne Town, East Grinstead Town and Burgess Hill Town, with the players also set for a ‘bonding’ weekend in Bournemouth during which they will take on Southern League Wimborne Town.
The full list is as follows:
- Tuesday 9th July v Steyning Town (a)
- Saturday 13th July v Hartley Wintney (h)
- Tuesday 16th July v Haywards Heath Town (h)
- Saturday 20th July v Crawley Town (h)
- Tuesday 23rd July v Eastbourne Town (a)
- Saturday 27th July v Wimborne Town (a)
- Tuesday 30th July v East Grinstead Town (a)
- Saturday 3rd August v Burgess Hill Town (a)
- Saturday 10th August – season commences
Further details on all these matches, including information on ticket arrangements, will be announced in June.